Effective Business Meeting Skills
How to run meetings effectively so that more decisions are achieved in less time.
These days many people's schedules are packed with back-to-back meetings, leaving no time to get the actual work done!
This programme shows how to structure and run much more efficient meetings using best practice techniques.
The programme covers:
- The 3 steps to holding successful meetings:
- Preparation before the meeting
- Running the meeting
- Followup after the meeting
- Roles and responsibilities of the meeting chairperson/leader
- How to actively chair a meeting for best results
- How to manage different personality styles
- Roles and responsibilities of meeting attendees
- How to present your point-of-view with impact and authority
- Identifying goals for the meeting - what needs to be achieved
- How to construct a quality agenda
- Creating an inclusive, productive culture within the group -agreement on how you operate as a group
- Process for gathering input from participants who can't attend so decisions are not held up
- The value of disseminating good, succinct briefing notes
- Being strategic - the role of lobbying in winning support for your recommendations
- How to be sensitive to language and cultural differences in global meetings
- Tips and strategies for time-keeping so important issues are not rushed
- Creating an effective meeting structure to ensure good minute taking, tracking of activities and accountability
- Importance of quick turn around minutes/action plan
- Building your brand image as a quality contributor and key influencer within the meeting
Call us today to discuss how we can help you hold more productive meetings that deliver quality decisions in less time.