Email and Business Writing Skills
How to write Emails and Business Communications that are clear, concise and deliver both a prompt response and the decisions you need.
Many people become frustrated because their emails are either not responded to or are misinterpreted. But, the problem often starts with the way in which the original message was constructed.
This programme delivers Best Practice writing 'rules' and tips, as well as giving participants feedback on their own emails and written communications.
After this programme you will know how to:
- Write concise, clear, well structured emails
- Write in a 'tone' that builds rapport
- Ensure the call to action is understood, not ambiguous
- Create 'clean' layout that is easy to read, not 'heavy' with words
- Save time through email Time Management Best Practice
- CC appropriately without spamming colleagues
- When to and when not to BCC
- Write action emails that promote efficency and effectiveness
- Give clear timelines and deadlines
- Punctuation, grammar and spelling - Essentials
- Appropriate use of txt language and emoticons
- Influence the different personality styles in emails
- Write emails which are not too long or short
- Use of active rather then passive voice
- Write with persuasion to achieve your desired outcome
- Techniques to proof read and edit effectively
- Simplify technical terms so your audience can understand
- Use effective email subject lines
- Write effective cross cultural communications
- Avoid the biggest pitfalls in written vommunications
- Use active rather then passive voice
- Choose the appropriate channel – Email, phone, face-to-face
We would be delighted to discusss any challenges you have with you or your team's emails and documents.